A multi-mode divider for clock and audio signals.
It can be used either for dividing clock signals (e.g. from an LFO, BEATDIVIDER) for rhythmical purposes but also for audio signals - in this case you get subharmonics / lower octaves squarewaves at the outputs, which can be mixed or used separately.
The module has eight outputs which - depending on the selected division mode - provide different division factors of the input signal:
- Beat: musical/rhythmical clocks are generated as 1/1, 1/2, 1/4... 1/16 and triplets
- Binary: the outputs work as binary counter (same as the predecessor module DIVIDER)
- Decimal: The outputs have decimal divisions of the input, meaning half, third, quarter, fifth... of the input clock
- Prime: The outputs use the prime numbers as division factors
- Fibonacci: The outputs use the numbers of the fibonacci row as division factors
The reset input resets all output signals; in case of audio signals this can get quite unique, ringmodulator-like sounds.
The Shift knob shifts/rotates the outputs; usually, the fastest output is on output 1, but with shift the entire output pattern is shifted so the fastest output can be set to any position 1...8.
More information and examples can be found on the AE Modular Wiki.
(Price without VAT; for buyers inside the EU 19% VAT will be added to the shown price = 36,89€)